2) Answer Questions:
· What section or phrase stood out to you in you in Mark 5?
· What does the section or phrase that stood out to you say?
· What does the section or phrase that stood out to you mean?
· How can you apply what you just read to your life today?
3) Life and Coaching Application:
In Mark 5 Jesus does something nice for someone, healing a demon possessed man, that was part of his mission and purpose for being on earth. I find it interesting that Jesus got ran out of town over this. I can learn a couple of things from what I read in this story in Mark 5.
There are going to be times when we are about the work of our calling doing things that are good and right for the people we are called to serve and some people, for whatever the reason, are not going to like us. They are going to fight us, and try to stop us from being who we are supposed to be for the Kingdom. But, like Jesus, we can’t let those people stop us from our calling, our focus, our purpose … we have to keep being who Jesus is calling us to be.
In this case Jesus left the area, but He went right back to doing the activities he was supposed to do in order to establish His Kingdom. Sometimes, we might be called to stay, and other times we might be called to go, but regardless of where we are and what we are doing we are to stay focused on what we are called to do and be. Jesus didn’t let a group of people from the Gerasenes get Him off track, and we in our calling as people and coaches must keep our focus as well.
· Thank God for your time together.
· Spend time praying for those things that are on your heart and your mind.
5) Song of the Week: